Community Team here, it is time for our first patch!
Thank you everyone for your patience and your great feedback. It is wonderful to see so many of you tread the soil of Fortuna III and be so active in our community.
There are some things that we need to iron out and that we’ve put our focus on, though not everything is part of Patch 1.1.0 as some things will take a bit longer to solve. The friend list, for instance, is a super tricky topic. There is a workaround, however: make sure to set your Steam friend list to “public”, this should do the trick in the meantime.
We are sorry that some of you encounter issues like crashes, getting kicked back to the planet, or other nasty things that prevent you from having fun. It would be great if you could enable “ENABLE GPU CRASH DEBUGGING” in your options to help us identify additional problems.
A lot of these problems are tackled today, yet there are also various reasons why these things can happen:
- An unstable internet connection,
- Programs that interfere with the connection or visuals (net limiter or GPU / graphics enhancers),
- And of course, cheats.
As I just mentioned cheating, we tuned our values in the afternoon and there should be some visible improvements. It is clearly an ongoing fight, and we can already see large improvements on all fronts compared to our previous betas. We will of course continue to tweak our systems along with new updates.
We would also like to mention one thing that’s at the top of our to-do list: a reconnect feature.
Performance is another topic that is not optimal for some of you. We found some things that we can fix, that are currently tested and that will be part of the later patch 1.2.0. We’ve included some improvements for 1.1.0 already. Talking about 1.2.0, this will also include some smaller adjustments to some of the weapons.
With that said, time to dive into the content for Patch 1.1.0:
- Gorgon Ammo Counter received an update.
- You can add a key bind to mute incoming audio (while hearing Kazoo Kid on your stream might be nice, some other things are rather nasty and those can vanish with a quick press of a button).
- We updated some of the in-game melee weapon icons.
- Small adjustment to the rail of the Advocate so optics will look a bit nicer now.
- Faction Campaigns received some love, and some of the hint texts and mission images received an overhaul to hint at the correct location. Mods and Beacons unlock properly as well now.
- We’ve also adjusted some of the quest requirements to make them less annoying.
- Adjustments to the Fortuna Pass Banner on the station – it looks a bit shinier now.
- A whole bunch of changes to our systems (Tech Tree, Shops) to make interactions with these smoother and more reactive. Hopefully, you will encounter fewer issues with them after the patch.
- Tuned Ledge Climbing a bit.
- Climbing will feel smoother now. We will continue to monitor the situation.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with the starting quests, as some players got stuck when they dropped to the planet without finishing all their tasks from Badum first. We also double-checked and you should not get stuck at any step now.
- We fixed a bunch of different crashes that can happen. Please make sure to check our FAQ and Known Issues section on Discord if you still encounter some.
- Stim sound bug was fixed.
- Dropping next to your EVAC is fixed, dropping to Fortuna III is not an elevator ride, you need to make your way to your EVAC.
- The “Construct Failed” issue in your quarters was fixed. If you want to have it built, it will happen.
- If an item is repaired, you cannot repair it again until it needs repair again. Don’t fix what’s not broken after all.
- Fixed an issue with the 2x - 4x Variable Optic.
- Fixed a text issue on the insurance screen.
- There were some flying syringes and med packs in the swamp camp. For safety reasons, gravity has been enabled again for those.
- Same for some floating mineral veins.
- They also should not clip inside rocks anymore.
- Same for some floating grass. Classic.
- Waterfalls lost some of their magic, there were some that blocked bullets. They are still pretty though. And wet.
- Green’s Prospect puzzle room can get looted properly.
- Blue Runner trail VFX is visible again.
- Smoothened out some 3rd person animations of Prospectors.
- We got rid of the additional X when picking up multiple items, the number is displayed correctly now.
- A handful of key binds for the Japanese and Chinese versions received their proper name.
- Your Mineral Scanner got fixed, it does not malfunction anymore and lead you to already mined ores.
- Small issues with sending and receiving friend and squad invites got fixed (as outlined above, the general issue might still happen, sorry about that).
- The Crusher Caverns are rainproof now.
- Lethium Deposits behave properly after a storm, and you can interact with them.
Original Post https://thecycle.game/news-and-media/the-cycle-frontier-patch-1-1-0